- Reference 136660
- Model Case Oyster, 44 mm, Oystersteel
- Bezel Unidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated, scratch-resistant Cerachrom insert in ceramic, numerals and graduations coated in platinum
- Water-Resistance Waterproof to 3,900 metres / 12,800 feet, helium escape valve
- Movement Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- Caliber 3235, Manufacture Rolex
- Power Reserve Approximately 70 hours
- Bracelet Oyster, three-piece solid links
- Dial D-blue
- Certification Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Commemorating James Cameron’s historic solo dive. From brilliant blue to bottomless black, its two-color gradient dial celebrates one man’s journey to the deepest place on earth: the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
The 60-minute graduated, unidirectional rotatable bezel of the Rolex Deepsea enables divers to precisely and safely monitor their dive and decompression times. It is equipped with a patented black Cerachrom bezel insert manufactured by Rolex in a virtually scratchproof ceramic whose color is unaffected by ultraviolet rays. The graduation is coated via PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) with a thin layer of platinum. The sleek black dial features large Chromalight hour markers and hands, filled with luminescent material that emits a long-lasting blue glow for excellent legibility in dark conditions.
Ceramic Bezel and Luminescent Display
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex product capacity and, at time, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Thomas Markle Jewelers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.